Harry John Nolen

Harry John Nolen

The Obituary

Harry John Nolen

of Olympia, WA was born on March 20, 1955. A California native, he was a kind man who enjoyed the simpler things in life. He was fond of camping, sports, sci-fi, family barbeques, Koi fish ponds, playing his guitar, karaoke, his rock garden, and making people laugh. He served in the Army and worked for the Veterans Administration Regional Office in Oakland, CA for over 20 years. He fought hard, but finally lost his battle with cancer on October 3 at home surrounded by those that loved him. He is survived by his wife Patty, daughter Kimberly, son in law Everett, sister Rosie, niece Kelly and nephew Scott, step-children Matthew and his wife Katie, David and his long time love Kristina, Rachelle and Robert, grandson Joshua, mother Mabel, his pug whom he referred to as his "big boy" and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. May he rest in peace.


Please feel free to comment if you choose. Harry is in Heaven happily smiling down no matter what.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Quotes from Friends & Family

"For those whom have had the pleasure of knowing Harry, you know he had a kind hearted soul. His goal was to try to make everyone happy.... Cancer took a toll on him and his body, He left this world hearing the words "I love you."

"My sweet babe..... You are missed so so very very much. I will forever keep you close to my heart and talk to you everyday."
~
Patty Nolen



"I am glad that I was able to meet and share some time with Harry. Especially at the birth of the of the plugs."

~Chuck jFile

"What are we going to do without our Harry... He was known as the "Nicest Guy" because he truly was. He never ever wanted to hurt anyone's feelings so he would AGREE with ALL of us and then we would be mad for a minute...I miss my brother so much. I'm especially going to miss his BBQ's and the holiday's. I wish we could have gotten in one more karokee night, remember that? I think that was one of his most proudest moments, he really thought he was the best ha! Everybody clapping for him, that was so special to him. Thank you for coming into his/our life. You being his wife, I his sister, Kimi his daughter, Ev his son in law, grandma, grandpa, Matt, Dave, Rachelle, Robert, Scottie, Kelly and even Dan and all of our cousins, aunties and uncles and friends and whoever I missed, we are all so lucky to have known Harry and to have spent time with him. Everyone had something to offer to Har in their own special way as he did to us. Har did have a good life and complete life with a real wife and a family. I know that he was happy with that... AND I know that we are going to see him again, I wonder what he will say to us? I wish I could think of something witty now because I know that when we all see him again he will have something very witty to say to each and every one of us when he sees us... "
~Love, Ro

"I can't believe Harry is gone. I have known him 29 years. I remember Harry as a nice guy who never wanted trouble or conflict. He loved his family, dogs, food, beer and sports team. I'll miss our time and discussion on sports because we were fans for different teams and he would always make a joke regarding the teams I rooted for. Also the bowling games with the family. I never could beat Harry! He was an excellent bowler and person. Also the Karaoke night when Harry was the best singer in the crowd. Harry will be missed!"
~
Daniel Smith



"I'm heartbroken and deeply sadden to hear of Harry's passing. I was hopping for more time, more time to be the godmother he deserved. I had hopes of going to see him and spending some time with him. Not being able to do this is a regret I will always carry with me. Harry will always hold a special place in my heart and I was so honored at 17 when asked to be his godmother. Thank you, Patty, for loving and caring for our Harry. Teri"
~
Teri Cornelius

"Bapah, Joshua can't type but he can hit the key board, this is what he wrote....

, ;ljnhbg0'/yc viub .f vrtvym, v4 nbgg vj yvb rt gjmvt mcedbjcvmcv h,dr vm , b b, m,hd, 7 cv bnmk m vv c hmvbgvbggvvlog58u9gtc , , 5 9. 9
.

Bapah, Joshua looks at your pictures everyday, he tells me "Bapah" You meant alot to Joshie and I know he meant a lot to you! I remember coming home and Joshuas diaper was only covering one bun, that was Bapahs diaper changing speacialty, and twice not just once when granapa made a bottle he put the nipple right over the bottle with out the ring to hold the nipple. It worked!!! Bapah and Joshua shared a lot and Bapah loved Joshie too much, his favorite saying was "lets move to Alaska and take Joshua with us" ..... they shared so much and no matter how much Gramma did for Josh who did Josh ask for? that's right! Bapah!!! Forever they will have a bond and I will always remind Joshua who his most favoritist Bapah in the whole world was......"
~
Joshua



"WE ARE SADEN BY YOUR LOST WHICH IS ALSO A GREAT LOST OF OUR VARIAN FAMILY GROUP.
ALTHOUGH WE HAVE NOT HAD THE PREVILEGE AND PLEASURE OF KNOWING HARRY AND SOME OF THE VARIAN FAMILY GROUP, WE ALWAYS CONSIDERED THAT ANY LOST OF ANYONE OF THE VAIRAN FAMILY GROUP IS ALSO OUR LOST...GOD BLESS EVERYONE AND WE HOPE THAT ALL IS WELL."

(VIOLET'S SON)
ARTHUR V. BRINGAS & FAMILY
WESTMINSTER, CALIFORNIA
~
ARTHUR BRINGAS


"Aunt Ro, I am so glad to have you in my life. I'm so sorry. You two are so much alike, it's ridiculous. Even though Harry is gone, it's great to know that we all still have you to make us laugh the way he did. Love you."
~
Rachelle Sinor



"I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of Harry. He was much too young to leave this world. I first met Harry when I was in Junior High School. My thoughts and prayers are with you."

~Love, Melinda

"I wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about Harry. My heart truly sank... I will always remember such good and fun times with him. Remember how he would drive 55 mph in the fast lane of the freeway and how everybody would give him such a hard time? He really was a good and caring person and he will be missed."

~Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments if you wish :)