People always asked me why I didn’t call Mr. Nolen by his first name. When I first met, Harry, he came across as a fun-loving guy that was easy going and didn’t stress about too many things. At the same time, he had worked very hard in his life, starting in the Army and later for the VA. He raised a wonderful daughter, and she never went wanting for love or affection from her father. Because of this, I always thought that the man had earned and deserved respect from the man that married his daughter. The reason I always called him Mr. Nolen was because I always knew what a good person he was and always wanted to show him the respect that he rightfully earned.
That’s not to say that we didn’t have fun, get loose, or whatever. We spent lots of time together in NC through some good and bad, but Mr. Nolen was always a fun guy and fun to be around. We had a lot of things in common between our love of sports, 60s music, and definitely Kim. For me, one of the most important things in my life was to shake his hand on my wedding day and let him know that his little girl would always be taken care of.
Harry Nolen lived a full life, was loved by his friends and family, and will be remembered fondly in my heart the rest of my life.
Love ya Harry
The EV
The EV
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave comments if you wish :)